FLYING SCOT FLEET 48
Flying Scot Fleet 48 located at LNYC is a member of the Flying Scot Sailing Association, FSSA, our National class. We are part of the Carolinas District, made up of several Flying Scot Fleets around the Carolinas. The fleet has an active racing and sailing program with 40 plus Flying Scots.
The Fleet recently acquired a Fleet Boat which is available to anyone who completes a check ride and signs a damage waiver. If you are new to sailing, not to worry, we can help by providing crewing and coaching opportunities to help get you competent in the boat. There are many beginning sailors in our fleet that are coached by Fleet volunteers.
We host numerous fleet activities in addition to all of the club wide events. These include:
1) the "Scot Spot" on Saturdays to socialize, share food and beverages and of course racing tips after each club series race.
2) a "Roll Over Day" in the spring where members bring boats together for spring clean up, repairs and upgrades with help of others who provide experience and know how.
3) two invitational Flying Scot regattas each year, the "Great 48" on the 1st full weekend in May and the "Fall 48" on the 1st full weekend of November. Each regatta attracts 30-40 boats
4) Fleet on the water training sessions with nationally known sailors and with our own club champions
5) an Annual Fleet 48 dinner
Fleet 48 has hosted at least three Flying Scot North American Championships and won several awards.
Flying Scot Inc. located in Deep Creek MD has produced over 6,000 boats in its 50 plus year history and continues to be an excellent source for parts, knowledge and friendly support of a very active one design class, Flying Scot Sailing Association, FSSA.
For sailing, crewing or any other information, contact our 2016 Fleet Officers:
Fleet 48 Captain, Smita Quinn 704.796.1949 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fleet 48 Secretary, Amy Barnhardt 704.664.5086
Fleet 48 Treasurer, Bob Fields 704.393.1282
2006 Great 48 Clinic Video